Vancouver Island CSA by Lockwood Farms
What is a Community Supported Agriculture program?
A ‘Community Supported Agriculture’ relationship draws farmers and consumers closer. Connect with us, your farmers, through Lockwood Farms’ CSA program. Through the program, members pay an upfront share for veggies grown throughout the season. This helps the farmers guarantee food reaches plates with minimal losses; you get to try a diverse range of top quality products you may not have had before, gain knowledge of local farming practices, connect with the community and benefit from upcoming offers such as nursery, meat, merchandise and gardening products.
Help Support a Local Cowichan Valley Farm
Choosing to be part of this program is so much more than receiving a veggie box every week.
- Less grocery shopping
- Learn what grows in your community
- Support your local economy
- Eating seasonal is healthy for the planet & for you!
- Workshop & volunteering opportunities
Be the change that you want to see and let’s do it together!
Weekly Grown Vegetables & Farm Fresh Eggs!
We are offering our members a weekly supply of vegetables at a cost of $27 a week for a ¾ Share (1-3 people) or $37 a week for a Full Share (2-4 people). The program will run for 24 weeks: First week of May until Thanksgiving.
Optional: Add a dozen eggs to your order for an additional $7.25/week. You will receive either size large or greater equivalent (eg. You may receive smaller eggs, but may also get XL or Jumbo)
More About The Shares
- 2 x .25lbs of greens pack in a jar (arugula, Salad Mixes, lettuce mix, etc.)
- 1 bunch of Radish
- 1 Broccoli Head
- Fresh herbs
Add these to the 3/4 share:
- 1 Lettuce head
- 2-3 Zucchinis
- 2-3 Snacking Cucumbers
- 24 weeks ¾ Share: 2 payments of $324
- 24 weeks Full Share: 2 payments of $444
- With EcoEgg: an additional $174 for the season, per dozen
- Jar Deposit: $10
- Totes: $15 (It is yours!)
- Refer a friend & get 5% Off!
How it works
Every week, our members pick-up a box of veggies at a designated pick-up location.
You will be receiving a generous amount of vegetables packed in a tote. We always go extra miles (or KMs ;)) to ensure diversity of products so you get novelty in your box as well as some regular ‘staples’.
Glass Jars: To reduce our environmental impact, we pack our greens in glass jars. You are responsible to bring the jars back, clean.
Trade Bin: Most weeks, we will have a trade bin available so you can swap one item for another that your family might prefer.
Eggs: Eggs will be kept in a cooler, take whatever amount you paid for.
Totes : A sanitary station will be set-up so you can wash and sanitize your tote on the spot!
What’s on the menu
Here is an overview of what the seasons have to offer at Lockwood Farms:
- Throughout the season: kale, chard, salad mix, greens, herbs, lettuce, edible flowers
- June: beets, beans, garlic scrapes, fava beans, Asian greens, Radish, peas
- July through Fall: tomatoes (lots of different kinds), cucumbers, aubergine, cabbages, cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, chili, blueberries, summer squash, leeks & more (basically everything!)
- September through Fall: Winter squash, melons, carrots, beets, more cabbages, Brussel sprouts, turnips, parsnip, corn
We also offer: Nursery Plants (herbs, veggies, fruit), Organic, fair-trade cane sugar (Paraguay); chicken and pork!
No vacation allowed (Joke, have your friend pick it up for you if you are not around that week).
Cowichan Valley Pick-Up
Farm Pick-up: Thursday between 4pm – 6pm
Monday Esquimalt Farmers Market at 1070 Tillicum Rd. Time: 4:30pm – 7:30pm
Please note, it is important to pick up your box during the pick-up window. If the box isn’t picked up, we will be donating it to the project of our choice. HOW TO Instructions will be communicated upon pick-up